Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What the Cat Dragged In


 Riroriro Iti  . . . asleep

I have always been rather proud of my 'special' cat, for the last few years she has hardly caught anything at all. Well, about 3 months ago she got diagnosed with a thyroid condition. Despite medication she is still acting like a cat 10 years younger, especially today which saw her catching not one, but two birds! Rotten little  . . . . . . . .

My two laptops

 This little cutie managed to survive, thankfully. Unfortunately it is too small and hasn't quite got flying sorted yet so it looks like I have a new wee beastie to look after for a wee while. It turns out it is a baby riroriro, grey warbler. Initially I wasn't sure because it's eyes are brown. Apparently they don't turn red until adulthood.


I wonder how long that is going to take. Until then I think I will be catching insects and trying to create better housing for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment