Monday, February 7, 2011

a bird in the hand . . . is kind of cranky.

As I was researching images on the net, I came across quite a few images of birds actually being held. In the process of monitering and assisting them, of course it can't be helped. It got me thinking about different notions around the saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.'


a peeved piwakawaka

How old fashioned the values are behind that expression. With regard to endangered species and ecological ideals, it is completely the reverse now-a-days; we want them to be free and to be reestablishing themselves in our forests.

a beautiful kokako

I have to admit that I was silly and didn't record where I got these images, so if I 'borrowed' them from you. Please let me know and please may I use them :)

Here you can view the paintings that resulted from these ideas
http://ellathomaspaintings.blogspot.com/2011/02/bird-in-hand.html

No comments:

Post a Comment