Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Art of giving Cards

my work space in it's typical state . . . no sign of hoarding here

Ever since I was a kid, I have been a terrible hoarder . . . probably as a reaction to my mum being a stream lined, efficient non-collector. One of the things I have always had issues parting with has been cards, there is something about them that brings out my sentimental tendencies. Sometimes it was because of the images on the outside of them, other times what was written on the inside but mostly who they were from. I have shoe boxes filled with them!

experimenting
Over the years, what with our dependency on the internet and social networking sites, the art of sending physical mail or cards has subsided. It is such a treat to get something that is not a bank statement or bill in the post. That is where I really like the idea of producing carefully crafted, hand-made ones, ones that people would really want to keep . . .

work in progress
or even possibly frame . . .



as they really are little illustrations in themselves.



As you can see there is a slight February-esque theme to some of them being produced at the moment. They are available for sale on either ellaCute on Etsy
or ellaQuaint on Felt

Bunny Valentine

2 comments:

  1. Oh just so love to see your little workspace, it's wonderful to also have a peak into your work in progress, such precision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you Louise. It was the most orderly part of my work space I hate to say! :D

    ReplyDelete